Conference Facility Grants Overview
Our Conference Facility Grant program was established to provide use of our Hind Properties Conference Facility to nonprofit staff, volunteers, board members, and key individuals who help improve the efficiency and productivity of their organizations so they may have greater impacts in their community. Nonprofits who generally do not have an adequate facility for the below listed types of meetings are eligible to apply.
- Board of Director Meetings or Retreats
- Team Strategy Sessions
- Seminars, lectures, etc.
- Professional Consulting Meetings
- Training Programs
- Staff Interviews or Reviews
- Group Meetings
Use of the Hind Properties Conference Facility is awarded based on the merit of the justification of the request. Our facility is offered to a limited number of applicants, available for a limited number of uses, and is subject to availability starting in July of each year. Complimentary drip coffee, hot tea, and filtered water are included with use of the Conference Facility. Additional beverages and food are not included within the granting process.
The Hind Foundation understands the importance of nonprofits having a dedicated space to conduct meetings. For this reason, we have made this grant application available to nonprofits in California so that they may have access to this resource. Nonprofits located outside of San Luis Obispo County may apply to use the Conference Facility when traveling to this area for conferences, networking, BOD retreats, or other reasons.
If you can check all of these boxes, then you may be eligible for a Conference Facility Grant. If you have any questions, uncertainties, or concerns, we encourage you to call us at (805) 544-0914.
In regards to your organization:
- We are a nonprofit organization with a California 501(c)3 designation.
- We receive the majority of our funding support from our local community.
- We have a board of directors that meets on a regular basis.
- We hold or sponsor at least one fundraising event annually.
- We have been a California 501(c)3 for more than two years based on the ruling date of our IRS Determination Letter and as confirmed in Guidestar.
In regards to the intended use:
- The meeting can be held in San Luis Obispo at the Hind Properties Conference Facility.
- The use of the Conference Facility will provide a benefit to our organization and, as a result, our community.
- The use of the Conference Facility will provide us with the amount of time needs for this project or program.
If you check any of these boxes below, then your project is not eligible for a Conference Facility Grant.
- The intended use of the Conference Facility is a fundraising event and/or will result in revenue for the nonprofit.
- We’re an advocacy organization that engages in lawsuits, protests, or other forms of dissent.
- We’re primarily supported by endowment funds or by government grants.
- The applicant does not demonstrate that the organization has carefully read all the information that is provided under the Application Process outlined below.
- The application is incomplete.
- The application is left in draft form for over four weeks with no or little action.
- The information provided does not justify the needed use of the Conference Facility.
- The applicant applies for the wrong type of grant (Standard; Supplemental; Continuing Education; Conference Facility).
- The applicant has not demonstrated sufficiently the project’s or program’s purpose, need, and benefit.
Step 1. Determine Eligibility
Be sure you have read the Conference Facility Grant Overview and Eligibility Requirements sections (outlined above) before submitting an application. If you have any questions, uncertainties, or concerns, contact the Hind Foundation.
Step 2: Create New Account or Log In
Step 3: Complete an Online Application
Once you create an account, you may begin the online application process, providing specific information about your organization and your continuing education initiative. You may log in at any time to work on your application, but if there is little or no activity on the account for more than 4 weeks, your application will be considered inactive and will be abandoned.