Continuing Education Grants Overview
Our Continuing Education Grant program was established to provide resources for nonprofit staff, volunteers, board members, and key individuals that help improve the efficiency and productivity of their organizations so they may have greater impacts in their community. Nonprofits in San Luis Obispo County engaging in the below listed types of Continuing Education programs are eligible to apply.
- Memberships in nonprofit support organizations
- Seminars, lectures, etc.
- Professional consultants
- Training programs
- Travel and lodging
Ranging in amounts up to $1,000, this annual funding program is offered to a limited number of applicants starting in July of each year. The funds are awarded based on the merit of the project or program and justification of the requested funds.
The Hind Foundation understands the importance of ongoing continuing education. For this reason, we have made this grant application available to nonprofits in San Luis Obispo County so that they may have access to continuing education opportunities.
Want to learn more?
You can discover more about our Continuing Education Grants by reviewing our funding history, and determine whether your project or program is a good fit by reviewing our Eligibility Requirements below.
If you can check all of these boxes, then you may be eligible for a Continuing Education Grant. If you have any questions, uncertainties, or concerns, we encourage you to call us at (805) 544-0914.
In regards to your organization:
- We are a nonprofit organization with a California 501(c)3 designation.
- We receive the majority of our funding support from our local community.
- We have a board of directors that meets on a regular basis.
- We hold or sponsor at least one fundraising event annually.
- Based on the date of our IRS Determination Letter, we have been in operation for more than one year.
- Our organization has not received a Hind Foundation Continuing Education Grant in the past two years, nor have we applied for a Continuing Education Grant in the past year.
In regards to your project or program:
- The educational project or program we’re requesting funding for is based in San Luis Obispo County.
- The implementation of our Continuing Education Grant will provide a lasting benefit to our organization and the community.
- The amount of the Continuing Education Grant, coupled with support from our organization, will be enough to meet our needs for this project or program.
If you check any of these boxes below, then your project is not eligible for a Continuing Education Grant.
- We have received a Hind Foundation Continuing Education Grant within the past two years.
- We have applied for a Hind Foundation Continuing Education Grant within the past year that has been denied and/or abandoned.
- We’re an advocacy organization that engages in lawsuits, protests, or other forms of dissent.
- We’re primarily supported by endowment funds or by government grants.
Reasons Grants are Denied.
- The applicant does not demonstrate that they have carefully read all the information that is provided under the Application Process outlined below.
- The application is incomplete.
- The application is left in draft form for over four weeks with no or little action.
- The information provided does not support the amount requested.
- The applicant applies for the wrong type of grant (Standard; Supplemental; Continuing Education).
- The applicant has not demonstrated sufficiently the project’s or program’s purpose, need, and impact.
Step 1. Determine Eligibility
Be sure you have read the Continuing Education Grant Overview and Eligibility Requirements sections (outlined above) before submitting an application. If you have any questions, uncertainties, or concerns, contact the Hind Foundation.
Step 2: Create New Account or Log In
Step 3: Complete an Online Application
Once you create an account, you may begin the online application process, providing specific information about your organization and your continuing education initiative. You may log in at any time to work on your application, but if there is little or no activity on the account for more than 4 weeks, your application will be considered inactive and will be abandoned.
Once your application is complete, the Hind Foundation will begin the evaluation process and will notify you when it is accepted or denied. You may log in to your account at any time to check on its status.